Blog / Made in France
- In the US 89% of the ingredients used in the cosmetic industry have never been evaluated for safety by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- While more than 1,100 ingredients for cosmetics are banned in France, around 10 are banned in the US.
- Fragrance is a term widely used on the US market whose composition hides dozens of chemicals such as acethonem, ethanol or phtalate which can be dangerous when inhaled or applied to the skin.
- In the U.S. major loopholes in the federal law allow the cosmetics industry to put thousands of synthetic chemicals into personal care products, even if those chemicals are linked to cancer, infertility or birth defects.
- U.S. has the 7th highest cancer rate in the world.
Quick tips: Choose wisely, read the labels, know which claims are regulated, be concerned about the preservatives used and say no to fragrance.